Right To Information Act 2005
The Right to Information Act, 2005 sets out the practical regime of Right to Information for citizens to enable them to access the information under the control of public authority in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of such authority.
Section 2(h) of the Act defines “public authority” as any authority or body or institution of self-governance established or constituted by or under the constitution or by law made by the Parliament or any state legislature or by notification issued by the appropriate government:. It includes body owned, controlled or substantially financed by the government.
In accordance with the provisions contained in section 2(j) of the Act, Right to Information means right to information accessible under this Act which is held by or under control of a public authority.
This Information Handbook will enable the citizens to obtain information as to the provisions contained in various rules and regulations governing the Maharshi Vishwamitra Mahavidyalaya, Buxar and related information.
This Information Handbook is divided into 17 manuals/sections. Each section deals with units of information as delineated under section 4 (1) (b).
Section 4 (1) (b) (xii) / Manual–12 provides for information on the manner of execution of subsidy programmes. This programme per rule is not applicable to the Maharshi Vishwamitra Mahavidyalaya, Buxar.
STATUTORY DECLARATION TO OBEY THE RULES UNDER
SEC- 4(1)(b) OF RTI ACT 2005
Maharshi Vishwamitra Mahavidyalaya, Buxar Website (www.mvcollegebuxar.org). It covers all the rules and regulations which are implemented by Govt. of India, Govt. of Bihar, UGC & Veer Kunwar Singh University, Ara.
Maharshi Vishwamitra Mahavidyalaya, Buxar is a Constituent College of Veer Kunwar Singh University, Ara. It is Co- education institution imparting education up to Graduation Level in Humanities, Arts, Science & Vocational Course (BCA & BBA). It runs as per rules and regulations made by the State Govt. of Bihar, Veer Kunwar Singh University, Ara & UGC from time to time. The College has different bodies/Committees to maintain all types of activities such as academic, financial, administrative & discipline on the campus.
Being Constituent College of Veer Kunwar Singh University, Ara (A State University) all the cells and committees of the institution are under statutory bodies and come under section 4(1)(b) of RTI Act 2005. The applications under the RTI Act, along with a postal order/demand draft for Rs.10.00 obtained (under register cover) in favour of Principal, Maharshi Vishwamitra Mahavidyalaya, Buxarare handed over the office. All information about the college under section 4(1)(b) of RTI Act. 2005 hence, are open for the public and any of them can be obtained by a citizen of India. For further information please contact- 06183-222010 (Office). Mob. – 9934041081 (Principal)
|Dr. Navin Kumar||Dr. Navin Kumar|
|Principal||Public Information Officer||Appellate Authority|
Compliance under section 4 (1) (b)
of the Right to Information Act, 2005
- The particulars of the Organization, Functions and Duties;
- The powers and Duties of its officers and employees;
- The procedure followed in the decision-making process, including channels of supervision and accountability;
- The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions;
- The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions;
- A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control;
- The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by the Members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof;
- A statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public;
- A directory of its officers and employees;
- The monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations;
- The budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made;
- The manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes;
- Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorizations granted by it;
- Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form;
- The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use;
- The names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers;
- Such other information as may be prescribed Manual – 1 Section 4 (1) (b) (i)